How To Delete a Windows Service
To delete a service that software has not automatically removed at uninstall, you need to edit the registry.
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services key
- Select the key of the service you want to delete
- From the Edit menu, select Delete
- You will be prompted, "Are you sure you want to delete this Key" Click Yes
- Exit the registry editor
There is also a utility that is supplied with the NT resource kit called INSTSRV.EXE that can be used to install and remove services
instsrv <service name> remove
Alternatively, also with the resource kit is a utility SRVINSTW.EXE that again installs and removes services, but with a GUI wizard format allowing you to select the service either locally or remotely.
This article is from: https://www.itprotoday.com/compute-engines/how-do-i-delete-service